Last updated on 2017-02-06

Complaints about teaching or supervision

If you are not satisfied with the teaching in a course or supervision of a project, we recommend that you discuss your concerns and reflections directly with the lecturer/supervisor in question. Having an upfront discussion about your concerns while the course is still running/ supervision is still required, is ideally going to remedy the situation and help you both. Preferably, matching your expectations will prevent a situation where you will have to file a complaint.

If you decide to file a complaint, you must submit it to Student Affairs and Programmes. Student Affairs and Programmes will forward the complaint to the Head of Programme, who will decide how to proceed with the matter.

Your complaint cannot be anonymous

You cannot file anonymous complaints and all statements as well as your complaint will be sent to the relevant person (e.g. the Course Manager) or department.