Who are we
ITU is a Danish university that teaches and conducts research in information technology. ITU is registered in Denmark and in the Danish Business Registry, CVR no. 29057753. We may be contacted by phone no. +45 7218 5000, by e-mail at email@example.com or at the address Rued Langgaards Vej 7, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark.
As a student at ITU we process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. This means that all your information which we collect or receive is processed according to the bases for processing contained in the regulation.
Purpose of processing/legal basis for processing
The purpose of processing your personal data is to manage all aspects of your education at ITU.
- Generally, we process your personal data either in order to comply with a legal obligation to which ITU is subject, or to carry out the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority imposed on us as a public authority, cf. GDPR Article 6(1)(c) and (e).
- We also process your sensitive personal data, e.g. data concerning health, insofar as it is necessary in order to comply with health and social law obligations/rights, or out of consideration for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of EU or national law, cf. GDPR Article 9(2)(g).
Types of personal data
ITU collects both regular and sensitive data about you.
Sharing of personal data
As a student at ITU, we share your personal data with other recipients whenever necessary. For you this means the following:
- Approved/authorized data processors that assist us with IT- or other services.
- Other public authorities, whenever a legal basis for processing is present.
We also share your personal data with the above or other recipients if we are obliged to do so in accordance with legal regulations, or in order to protect our interests in a legal dispute.
The period in which your data is stored
As a student at ITU we store your personal data until it is no longer necessary for us to process them. In certain cases, it may be difficult to give an accurate time frame in advance, however the below shows our framework for the time spent processing your personal data.
As a student at ITU
- We store your personal data according to several legal obligations for public authorities, including the Danish Archiving Act, Public Information Act, Public Administration Act, University Act and the Executive Order concerning Exams. We delete information regarding enrolled students once our basis for processing as a public authority ceases.
- Furthermore, we only process students personal data to the extent that we have a distinct basis for processing for this.
As a student at ITU you have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of personal data, which we process about you. You may also request us to restrict our processing of your personal data, just as you may object to our processing and request us not to transfer your personal information to others.
However, it is not certain whether we may or are able to comply with your request, e.g. due to a legal requirement. We therefore recommend that you contact us regarding your initial inquiries in the event that you are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal data in any way. In this way, we hope to achieve a joint solution concerning your inquiry.
All above mentioned inquiries may be directed in writing by e-mailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency concerning our processing of your personal data. You may read more about this and find the Danish Data Protection Agency’s contact details via: https://www.datatilsynet.dk/